The following information has provided to me by Reed Shaffner, Product Manager for Enterprise.
Some interesting facts
- There are roughly 2500 fixes in SP1. This is an average size for a service pack, but the issues fixed are very important to our customers.
- Almost 20% of those fixes are direct result of customer requests.
- Over 500 of those fixes focused on security.
- There are a total of 24 different releases in 38 languages. There are 683 distinct packages. All have released simultaneously today.
Where can you get SP1?
Patches for all products are available on Microsoft Update (recommended), Office Update and the Download Center with a few exceptions. Windows SharePoint Services and the WSS Language Packs are live on Windows Update and Microsoft Update. For those customers with low bandwidth, CDs will be available for order after January 15th for a small shipping and handling fee from a link off the Download Details page.
For additional information on each release, please see the download details page, in English, for:
- Compatibility Pack
- Calendar Printing Assistant
- Expression Web
- Office Language Packs
- Office Web Components
- PowerPoint Viewer
- Project Language Pack
- Proofing Tools
- Servers (MOSS, Project, Forms, Groove)
- Server Language Packs, x86
- Server Language Packs, x64
- SharePoint Designer
- SharePoint Designer Language Pack
- Visio Language Pack
- Visio Viewer
- Windows SharePoint Services
- Windows SharePoint Services Language Pack
- Windows SharePoint Services Language Pack, x64
- Windows SharePoint Services with SP1 (slipstream)
- Windows SharePoint Services with SP1, x64 (slipstream)