In IIS6.0, you had IisFTP.vbs file which you would use to set msIIS-FTPRoot and msIIS-FTPDir property for the user in Active directory. But, in Windows Server 2008, the IisFTP.vbs won’t work. You need to either set it manually in the Active Directory using ADSIEdit or other tools, or just use this one from me.
Below is how it looks:
Here is the link for the DLL:
To add this module in your IIS 7 manager follow the below steps:
- Download the IIS7ADFTPUI.dll.
- From inetsrv folder Drag and Drop the IIS7ADFTPUI.dll into the Global Assembly Cache (C:\Windows\assembly) or use GacUtil -i IIS7ADFTPUI.dll to install it to the GAC.
- Under File Menu, browse for the file %WinDir%\System32\InetSrv\config\Administration.config.
- Search for the <moduleProviders> section and add the following
<add name="IIS7ADFTPUI" type="IIS7ADFTPUI.MyModuleProvider, IIS7ADFTPUI, Version=188.8.131.52, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db9daa3d2ea5f6fd" />
- Search for the <modules> section and add the following
<add name="IIS7ADFTPUI" />
- Open Inetmgr and You will see the module listed in your IIS 7 Manager if you would’ve followed the above steps properly.
Below is my entire project of this dll. Download it, and feel free to modify it, distribute it.
Let me know if this helps you!