We’ve just published a minor refresh to WebMatrix, which you can download and use from the Web Platform Installer today.
We did this to fix some of the top customer issues that have been reported since we launched in January.
If you have any more problems or bugs with WebMatrix, please let us know!
Some of the fixes that we’ve implemented in this refresh are:
- Customer report: Ctrl+C/X/V breaks once international characters are entered when using the United States-International keyboard layout with WebMatrix
- Exception error when template installer link is broken
- Web Deploy hard-coded fallback MySqlDump.exe path will make MySQL app operations fail by default when WebPI starts using new version of MySQL
- Web Deploy requiring MySQL installed locally when installing application for use with remote MySQL server
- Bin deployment of SQL CE binaries broken in WebMatrix because Web Deploy copies only .dlls and additional .manifest file is required
- Add "spotlight=true" to Find Web Hosting URL
- Broken xml file for spanish resource file of template
- IIS Express doesn’t run when My Documents is on a root drive
- For non-local documents, introduce a new environment variable that WebMatrix sets and IISExpress reads to determine if it needs to start polling
- Redirection.config fallback path is incorrect
- For non-local documents, introduce a new environment variable that WebMatrix sets and IISExpress reads to determine if it needs to start polling.
- Add a regkey to switch default opening of PHP files in UTF-8 vs. local code page