I’m glad you all enjoyed the last riddle, the answer to which was ‘Area 51’. I told the story in the comments section.
Due to its popularity, I’ve scored another pass, and want to try out your search engine skills to do a sort-of global scavenger hunt. Are you up to it?
So, below are a number of steps, if you follow these you’ll end up with an answer. First to post the correct answer in the comments get's a free pass to MIX. Just a pass, no airfare, hotel, dinner or anything like that, ok 🙂
Oh, and Microsoft guys, feel free to enter, but the prize will go to a non MS-er…sorry!
1. 'Area 51' is also the fan zone for a famous sports player in Seattle because that's the number he wears on his Jersey. Who is he? [Hint, he’s one of the best in the world at this game, and there’s an upcoming ‘world cup’ for his sport]
2. Take the second to last letter in his name, and change it from 'r' to 'j'.
3. This is the name of an anime character in a TV show. She is a fishing maniac, and together with her friend Karen flies Mecha from a military base in Japan. The base is in a town that sounds like the name of a VERY famous person. Who is this person?
4. This person (from 3) has an extended family member who is heavily involved in college sports. The family member is the uncle to this person's children. Find the college and look at it’s website to see the team that he’s involved with. Co-incidentally he shares a surname with another very famous person who has similar historic significance to the famous person from point 3.
5. One player on this person's sports team has the same first name as a book in the Bible. What's his home city?
6. Note the state that this city is in.
7. Take a look (using Live Maps) at this person's home city. About 30 miles north of this home city is the intersection of two interstate highways. Follow the one that runs east for a long way and you'll end up at a well-known midsize city. What is the name of this city?
8. The state from #6 and the city from #7 are connected to a very, very famous day in history. What is this day, and what is the connection?
Simple, right? I checked it out with Live Search, so with a bit of reading between the lines and delving into the pages that come up, you should complete this pretty quickly 🙂