As you probably heard the Visual Studio 2010 RC is currently available for MSDN subscribers! You can download it from here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/dd582936.aspx. General public release is slated for Wed.
The Web Development Tools Team has setup a DL that we would like you to use to send us direct feedback on anything web development related for this RC.
The DL is: email@example.com
Once you have had a chance to use the product please send us feedback on your overall experience with our product. The more details you can provide the better.
Also, feel free to shoot us a mail if:
- You encounter a bug or issue.
- You have general feedback, suggestions or ideas on our web tools product.
If you do encounter a bug please send us a clear set of repro steps. Any of the following items will also help us reproduce the bug more easily:
- For crashes, hangs – obtain a crash dump as described here: http://blogs.msdn.com/mikhailarkhipov/archive/2006/07/25/678308.aspx
- For hard to describe bugs capture a video of the bug in action.
- Send us your machine configuration (OS, 64/32 bit, RAM, etc.).
- Are you running in a Virtual Machine environment (Virtual PC, Hyper-V, VMWare, etc) or Remote Desktop?
- What profile are you using (Tools->Import/Export Settings? General, Web Development, Code Only, VB, C#, etc.
- How many projects are you using? How many files?
- Is your solution located on a network share?
- Would you be willing to share your project/solution with us for testing purposes only?
Finally, don’t forget to monitor our blog http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools as we have another of great topics lined up that will be published soon.