Visual Studio 2010 Beta2 is out and we at the Web Development Tools team are pleased to let you know that we have fixed a lot of the performance issues from Beta1. It took a considerable amount of time and effort but we feel it was well worth it. We would like to thank the community for your feedback and in helping us identify a lot of these issues.
There has been some good improvements to Add Reference dialog, first switch to design view etc. Please try using Beta2 and let us know if you find any of the Web Scenarios to be particularly slow. We would like to hear your issues and concerns around performance for Web Scenarios.
You can help make the product better by providing us with early feedback. If you encounter a performance issue please respond via comments section of this blog or you can reach us at vwdperf-at-microsoft-dot-com.
Here are the list of information that can help us with to narrow down the issue.
1. What is the time taken in Visual Studio 2008 SP1 for this action?
2. What is the time taken in Visual Studio 2010 for this action?
3. Can this be reproduced consistently in Visual Studio 2010?
4. Do you have a ASP.NET Website or a ASP.NET Web Application Project? What is the size of this Website or Web Application Project?
5. Is it C# or VB?
6. Is it a 4.0 , 3.5 or a 2.0 App?
7. Do you have other applications running on the box? If so what are they?
8. Machine configuration.
SDET| Web Development Tools