We receive a lot of questions about Silverlight support roadmap. The purpose of this post is to consolidate few relevant links to answer most of your questions.
- Microsoft will continue to support Silverlight 5 until 10/12/2021 –see here: http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle#gp/lifeDevTool
– more details on our support policy are here http://support.microsoft.com/ph/12929
- Silverlight 5 supports the browser versions listed here: http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/locale/en-us/html/installation-win-SL5.html
- Microsoft continues to release updates to Silverlight 5 to address security and compatibility issues. You can download the most up-to-date version of Silverlight and find it’s browser/OS compatibility here: http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx
- For a history of Silverlight updates, please see the Microsoft Silverlight Version History here: http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/locale/en-us/html/Microsoft%20Silverlight%20Release%20History.htm
- As a software developer, you can build portable class libraries that simultaneously target various .NET runtimes, including Silverlight, Windows Phone, Windows 8, and Xbox: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/gg597391(v=vs.100).aspx