Coded UI Test Enhanced Framework now available

Coded UI Test Enhanced Framework (CUITe) is now available at http://cuite.codeplex.com/.

It is a thin layer developed on top of Microsoft Visual Studio Team Test’s Coded UI Test engine which helps reduce code, increases readability and maintainability, while also providing a bunch of cool features for the automation engineer.

This tool is built by Suresh Balasubramanian and his team and is used by multiple teams internally. Try it out.

1. Bertrand says:

I did not know about that project. thkx

2. Hi CAn you tell me how can i add in my test project ? I have installed the Setup .

My observation are:

1. right-click the "project" icon in solution explorer

2. click "Add Reference…" (it might take a minute to load)

3. select the "Browse" tab

4. I did not fined any "CUTe.dll” To add it..

So Please help me..

Thanks

Ravi

3. Diwan Bisht says:

will it support WPF/XBAP Application..???

4. @Ravi25july, please see steps 1 and 2 in the Quick Start Guide at cuite.codeplex.com/wikipage

@Diwan, CUITe has been tested to support WPF desktop applications and silverlight web application, among other frameworks.  Let's continue the discussion topic here: cuite.codeplex.com/…/405648

Thank you.

5. Will says:

I receive the following error when running CUITe 1.6 for .NET v4.5 with MSVS 2012 Up2.

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Extension.Silverlight, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=374b4c93160c098c' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Two questions: Do you support MSVS 2012? And, do I have to have Silverlight to test HTML pages?

6. Arek says:

Just add a reference to the mentionned assembly and it will work

7. Sankar Muthaiah says:

@Will I had the same challenge and my machine does not have that .silverlight assembly.  And it got resolved after installing Microsoft Visual Studio UI Test Plugin for Silverlight. You do not have to add reference to it.

8. Ravi25july says:

Hi All thanks for you reply..i have find the solution

9. Rajesh S says:

Hi All, I started working in CUITe a while ago. I've done everything right., but still i don't see the test method in the test explorer. is  there any way to resolve it. NOTE: if i do not inherit the page from the "CUITe_BrowserWindow", i can see the testmethod.. but anyhow the test fails.. 🙁

10. mac grewal says:

Hi Ravi,

You mention that you found a solution to your problem. Can you tell me what it was? I'm having the same problem.

Thanks,

mac

11. sow says:

Hi

Can you please tell me how to generate output reports for the executed test scripts in coded ui