Earlier today, S. Somasegar, Senior Vice President of Developer Division, announced Visual Studio 2010 Load Test Feature Pack, a new benefit for active and new Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate with MSDN subscribers to load test their applications with unlimited virtual users. Subscribers can immediately download the Visual Studio 2010 Load Test Feature Pack Deployment Guide and take advantage of the benefit today!
This is a huge deal! It democratizes the access to load testing by providing development teams tools to integrate performance testing into their application lifecycle early without having to incur incremental costs with additional virtual users they require.
We have been on a journey to democratize Application Lifecycle Management (ALM). We believe that performance testing should be a core functionality of a top tier development tool, not an add-on. This is why we’ve built these tools into the Visual Studio IDE. We want to enable developers to write more robust, secure code that can scale to the most demanding business requirements.
The benefits of Visual Studio 2010 Load Test Feature Pack include:
- Improved Overall Software Quality through Early Lifecycle Performance Testing: Everyday businesses lose money, productivity and competitive advantage when application performance does not meet customer expectations. Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate lets you stress test your application early and throughout its development lifecycle with realistically modeled simulated load. By integrating performance validations early into your applications, you can ensure that your solution copes with real-world demands and behaves in a predictable manner, effectively increasing overall software quality.
- Higher Productivity and Reduced TCO with the Ability to Scale without Incremental Costs: Visual Studio 2010 Load Test Feature Pack effectively removes the financial constraints that prevented customers from engaging in the level of performance testing that they know is required and that they wanted to do. Development teams no longer have to purchase Visual Studio Load Test Virtual User Pack 2010 (retails at $4,499 for a pack of 1000 virtual users).
- First Class Product Support through Software Assurance (SA): Microsoft is committed to providing on-going values to active SA customers. This Feature Pack is one of the five (5) Feature Packs which we have delivered to our valuable MSDN subscribers – you! Visual Studio 2010 Features Packs enable you to extend Visual Studio 2010 with capabilities that enhance and complement the existing tools.
To read about the benefits and practice of early lifecycle performance testing, download an industry thought leadership whitepaper here.
Call to Action: Download the Visual Studio 2010 Load Test Feature Pack Deployment Guide Today! Utilize the following resources to get started with stress and performance testing with Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate:
- Quality Solutions Best Practice: Enabling Performance and Stress Testing throughout the Application Lifecycle
- Hands-On-Lab: Introduction to Load Testing with ASP.NET Profile in Visual Studio 2010
- How-Do-I videos:
- VHD/VPC walkthrough: Getting Started with Load and Performance Testing
- Best Practice guidance: Visual Studio Performance Testing Quick Reference Guide
- Blog: Visual
For additional information, please visit:
- Product Website: Visual Studio Load Test Virtual User Pack 2010
- FAQ: Visual Studio 2010 Load Test Feature Pack and Visual Studio Load Test Virtual User Pack 2010 FAQ