We have released a tool on Visual Studio Gallery to upgrade Coded UI Test projects created in Beta2 to RTM.
The following changes were made in Coded UI Test between Visual Studio 2010 Beta2 and RTM
- UserControls.cs file has been removed. All specialized classes (HtmlButton, WinEdit, WpfCheckbox etc) are now part of the product.
- ‘Internet Explorer Server’ control used to be part of the UI Control hierarchy for Html Controls. This has been removed to enable better support for extensibility.
- For searching a Browser Window, exact name match will be used.
- The names of properties (e.g: DisplayText of a HtmlButton) previously used to be in a separate class hierarchy (e.g: HtmlProperties.Button.DisplayText). This has now been modified to be part of the definition of each specialized class. Therefore, HtmlButton.PropertyNames.DisplayText will now give the name of the DisplayText property of HtmlButton.
- Classes which did not have any additional property on them will now be treated as a Custom class. e.g: HtmlForm will now be treated as a HtmlCustom and its TagName property will be set to ‘Form’. WinForms controls which don’t have additional properties will be treated as a WinControl. WPF controls which don’t have additional properties will be treated as a WPFControl.
This upgrade tool will fix all the changes listed above.
NOTE: If you have already upgraded the projects with the tool in Visual Studio 2010 Release Candidate, you don’t have to run this tool.