You can now read the long awaited whitepapers about deploying Office 2007 solutions with a Visual Studio 2008 Setup project to create a Windows Installer package. These whitepapers show you how to complete the following tasks:
- Configure prerequisites: .NET Framework 3.5, the VSTO 3.0 runtime, and the Office primary interop assemblies.
- Add the project output and manifests to the Setup project.
- Create registry keys to load an application-level add-in.
- Sign the solution with a known and trusted certificate, use the ClickOnce prompt, or create an inclusion list entry to grant trust to your solution.
- Deploy additional components such as helper assemblies.
- Update document-level solutions to separate the document and assembly in separate locations.
- Use Windows Installer to install into the ClickOnce offline cache.
- Modify the Setup project for Vista.
If you have questions about the whitepapers, please visit the VSTO forum at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsto/ to search for answers and ask your questions.
Mary Lee, programming writer.