Final Update: Friday, August 17th 2018 22:48 UTC
The hotfix deployment has completed across all the rings/scale units and this should mitigate the issue for all customers using VSTS Build task with their private agents and using corporate proxy should not notice any more nuget package restore failures. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
- Root Cause: The timeout failures were due to a change in the build task where it did not support proxy.
- Chance of Re-occurrence: Low
- Incident Timeline: 08/11/2018 UTC through 08/17/2018 23:48 UTC
Update: Friday, August 17th 2018 20:13 UTC
Our DevOps team continues to investigate issues with VSTS Build agent task causing Nuget package restore failures with connection timedout errors. A hotfix deployment to revert the recent version of this task is in progress getting deployed across various rings/scale units.
- Work Around: create a new variable in your Build Definition named HTTP_PROXY with a value set to your corporate proxy (i.e. https://<proxy>:<port>)
- Next Update: Before Saturday, August 18th 2018 00:30 UTC
Initial notification: Friday, August 17th 2018 18:01 UTC
We're investigating Nuget package restore failures for customers using VSTS private build agents in all regions. All customers who are using corporate proxy while working on private build agents will notice Nuget package restore failures with timeout message.
We are working on reverting the recent version update to this task to mitigate this issue.
- Next Update: Before Friday, August 17th 2018 20:35 UTC