Final Update: Wednesday, March 14th 2018 15:03 UTC
We’ve confirmed that all systems are back to normal as of 14:35 UTC. Our logs show the incident started on 12:20 UTC and that during the 2 hours and 15 minutes that it took to resolve the issue customers experienced slow or failed queries in the Western Europe region. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
- Root Cause: The failure was due to an issue found in garbage collection on the web roles
- Chance of Re-occurrence: Medium pending a hotfix deployment
- Incident Timeline: 2 hours & 15 minutes – 12:20 UTC through 14:35 UTC
Update: Wednesday, March 14th 2018 14:06 UTC
Our DevOps team continues to investigate issues with slow queries in the Western Europe region. Root cause is not fully understood at this time, though current investigation is targeting database workload. Customers may have started seeing issues at 12:20 UTC We currently have no estimated time for resolution.
- Next Update: Before Wednesday, March 14th 2018 16:15 UTC
Initial Update: Wednesday, March 14th 2018 13:13 UTC
We're investigating Performance Degradation in West Europe.
We are experiencing an increase in slow queries with VSTS services in this region.
- Next Update: Before Wednesday, March 14th 2018 13:45 UTC