Final Update: Tuesday, January 16th 2018 23:56 UTC
The issue has been mitigated.
• Telemetry indicated that calls to SPS Extensions were failing due to client authentication errors.
• We performed a certificate update earlier today which we suspected was related to the authentication error
• While we were in the process of rolling back the certificate update, the issue resolved on its own
We are continuing to investigate root cause
- Incident Timeline: 1 hour & 20 minutes – 2018/01/16 20:38 UTC through 2018/01/16 21:50 UTC
Update: Tuesday, January 16th 2018 21:24 UTC
- Since this initial update below, an updated assessment shows the impact is limited to SPS Extension Service which handles functionality like roaming settings and user avatar images.
- Users will not notice any performance degradation or errors across major VSTS features, but will notice issues with their avatar and/or roaming settings using IDE.
Initial Update: Tuesday, January 16th 2018 20:53 UTC
We're investigating performance degradation being faced by VSTS users across multiple regions. We're working to understand the reason and will post an update soon.
- Next Update: Before Tuesday, January 16th 2018 21:25 UTC