For all you developers who love the command line, or want an easy way to perform simple administration functions on SQL Server 2005, you can now download the SQL Server Express Utility. Among its capabilities, you can:
- Connect to the main instance or user-instance of SQL Server.
- Create/Attach/Detach/List databases on the server.
- Upgrade database files to match the version of the server.
- Execute SQL statements via the console (similar to SQLCMD) or the console window (UI).
- List the instances of SQL Server on the local machine or on remote machines.
- Log all input/output.
and more! One hint – it works with more than just SQL Express. It will work with SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 as well.