We are hiring – again. If you have followed PDC last week you have probably heard and seen a lot about Windows Azure. In order for us to cope with the demand from our partners and developers worldwide I am looking to hire a senior developer evangelist. The official job posting and description is here.
If you follow the latest developments in virtualization and private and public cloud computing Microsoft has an opportunity for a senior developer evangelist to drive early adoption of the next generation Windows Server, virtualization and cloud computing.
Your core mission will be leading Microsoft partners and customers to understand how to take advantage of existing and new server and virtualization capabilities.
The role includes but is not limited to
- Driving Adoption - Drive strategic adoption for Microsoft server technologies from datacenter to cloud through early access programs with accounts
- Community Excitement - Build a community approach in driving developer excitement via Channel 9, presenting at large developer events like PDC or TechEd
- Leadership - Lead virtual teams to build and execute key elements of partner enablement programs - driving requirements for technical content, building content, value proposition and processes to implement the program
- Field Execution – Enable and support Microsoft subsidiaries worldwide to successfully execute programmatic offerings for ISVs and developers.
- Product Team Engagement - Drive structured feedback to the product teams to improve products and support adoption goals
This is a highly technical role and we expect any candidate to have a strong developer background including solid knowledge of the .NET framework, Visual Studio, .NET, and the Windows Server platform.
Drop me a note if you’re interested. Or if you want to know more check out the job posting for details and how to apply.