This is the first in a number of posts focusing on a series of select sessions closely related to the Windows Server platform. Read all related posts.
The post highlights selected sessions and gives guidance on what to read or which website to check out to make the most out of your visit to PDC2009.
Certainly not complete but something to get you started.
Internet Information Server (IIS) sessions @PDC2009
Building Live Media Viewing Experiences Using Internet Information Services (IIS) Smooth Streaming and the Smooth Streaming Player SDK
Learn how IIS Smooth Streaming is changing the way on-demand and live media is consumed by delivering rich, High-Definition adaptive media experiences. Learn how the Sunday Night Football Extra experience was built, and get an overview of how you can use these tools along with IIS Application Request Routing (ARR) to develop custom experiences for your customers using the Smooth Streaming Player SDK.
- IIS Smooth Streaming Technical Overview
- Smooth Streaming on iis.net
- Experience IIS Smooth Streaming
- Building your first Smooth Streaming Player using SSME (Presenter’s blog post)
- IIS Smooth Streaming Player Development Kit - Beta 1
- IIS Smooth Streaming Deployment Guide
Hear how the Microsoft Web platform fosters a powerful development ecosystem for Web applications you can plug into. Learn to extend an existing Web application with new capabilities that show off the powerful extensibility IIS 7.x provides, and how to leverage extensions the IIS team ships to improve it even more. Lastly, see how to package a Web application and move it to a live Web server. Lots of demos, just a few slides. Promise!
- IIS Extensions
- Web Platform Installer
- IIS Blog – Extensibility Tag
- IIS Extensions on TechNet
- IIS Extensions info in Channel9
See you @PDC09.