EXTENSION FOR MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO TEAM SERVICES
These license terms are an agreement between Microsoft Corporation (or based on where you live, one of its affiliates) and you. They apply to the pre-release software named above. The terms also apply to any Microsoft services or updates for the software, except to the extent those have additional terms.
IF YOU COMPLY WITH THESE LICENSE TERMS, YOU HAVE THE RIGHTS BELOW.
- INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS
a) General. You may install and use any number of copies of the software.
b) Third Party Components. The software may include third party components with separate legal notices or governed by other agreements, as described in the ThirdPartyNotices file accompanying the software. Even if such components are governed by other agreements, the disclaimers and the limitations on and exclusions of damages below also apply.
- DATA. The software may collect information about you and your use of the software, and send that to Microsoft. Microsoft may use this information to provide services and improve our products and services. You can learn more about data collection and use, if applicable, in the help documentation and the privacy statement at <http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=398505>. Your use of the software operates
as your consent to these practices.
- PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE. This software is a pre-release version. It may not work the way a final version of the software will. Microsoft may change it for the final, commercial version. We also may not release a commercial version. Microsoft is not obligated to provide maintenance, technical support or updates to you for the software.
- FEEDBACK. If you give feedback about the software to Microsoft, you give to Microsoft, without charge, the right to use, share and commercialize your feedback in any way and for any purpose. You will not give feedback that is subject to a license that requires Microsoft to license its software or documentation to third parties because we include your feedback in them. These rights survive this agreement.
- SCOPE OF LICENSE. The software is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights to use the software. Microsoft reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more rights despite this limitation, you may use the software only as expressly permitted in this agreement. In doing so, you must comply with any technical limitations in the software that only allow you to use it in certain ways. You may not:
- work around any technical limitations in the software;
- reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software, or attempt to do so, except and only to the extent required by third party licensing terms governing use of certain open-source components that may be included with the software.
- remove, minimize, block or modify any notices of Microsoft or its suppliers in the software;
- use the software in any way that is against the law; or
- ahare, publish, rent or lease the software, or provide the software as a stand-alone hosted solution for others to use.
- Australia. You have statutory guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law and nothing in this agreement is intended to affect those rights.
- Canada. If you acquired this software in Canada, you may stop receiving updates by turning off the automatic update feature, disconnecting your device from the Internet (if and when you re-connect to the Internet, however, the software will resume checking for and installing updates), or uninstalling the software. The product documentation, if any, may also specify how to turn off updates for your specific device or software.
- Germany and Austria.
- Warranty. The properly licensed software will perform substantially as described in any Microsoft materials that accompany the software. However, Microsoft gives no contractual guarantee in relation to the licensed software.
- Limitation of Liability. In case of intentional conduct, gross negligence, claims based on the Product Liability Act, as well as, in case of death or personal or physical injury, Microsoft is liable according to the statutory law.
This limitation applies to (a) anything related to the software, services, content (including code) on third party Internet sites, or third party programs; and (b) claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, guarantee or condition, strict liability, negligence, or other tort to the extent permitted by applicable law.
It also applies even if Microsoft knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages. The above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you because your country may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or other damages.