Our mission is to provide practical guidance, experience, and gap-filling solutions to the developer community. These solutions are eventually deprecated for a number of reasons, such as:
- Gaps are filled as the products and documentation continue to mature ()
- Value of solutions becomes less than the effort to maintain them (no value)
- Passion and bandwidth of associated volunteers fades (no energy)
- We forgot all about the solution (no need)
Recently deprecated solutions
We have deprecated the following solutions in our Library of tooling and guidance solutions (aka.ms/vsarsolutions):
- ALM Assessment Guidance (use aka.ms/devopsassessment instead).
- Device Testing Guidance
- DevOps Workbench
- Team Foundation Build Guidance
- TFS 2010 Monitoring Management Pack
- TFS Process Template Customization Guide
- Unit Test Generator Tool
- Visual Studio Architecture Tooling Guide and Extension
Solutions we’re planning to deprecate
We’re investigating the state, value, and feasibility of deprecating the following solutions:
- Branch Visualization extension – Move to OSS and let the community take it over?
- Build Usage extension - Challenging to synchronize build usage data with product billing
- Sample Data extension - Challenging to keep it up to date with product (consider VSTS Demo Data generator instead)
- Migration of RM assets from RM server to VSTS - Dated – still relevant? OSS sample seems sufficient
- Secure SonarQube VM with Azure SQL DB - Dated – still relevant? OSS sample seems sufficient
- Technical Debt Management / SonarQube (aka.ms/vsartdsq) – still relevant? OSS sample seems sufficient
See please uninstall our deprecated extensions for deprecated VSTS extensions.