We released the first version of the branching guidance 10 years ago and the second in 2010 on CodePlex, with over a quarter of a million downloads to date.
Why is it retired?
To align the guidance with the product documentation and improve discoverability, we retired the CodePlex project (v2) and moved the mainstream guidance to Articles about DevOps and Visual Studio ALM, experimental guidance and walkthroughs to our team blog.
Where do you find the latest?
- Branching strategies with TFVC
- Map TFVC actions to Git
- Move Git repositories between team projects
- OMG, I just checked in a huge binary. Now what?
- Alternative Branching Strategies
- Version Control Guidance – Frequently Asked Questions
- Walkthrough (Branching Strategies)
- Walkthrough (TFVC)
- Git for the TFVC User – Workflows
We need your feedback
What do you think of the new crisp and practical guidance? We need your feedback!
Here are some ways to connect with us:
- Add a comment below
- Send us a tweet @almrangers