Codify/build-light from Codify in Brisbane, enabled us to implement a visual status indicator of all our build(s) running on Team Services, as shown in these snapshots:
|Watching the device boot, after installing it at the Microsoft Canada Excellence Centre.|
|Ouch, it’s evident by the red background and the RGB Light Strip flashing in red, that something is not healthy.Someone broke the build!|
|Running a build changes background and RGB Light Strip to blue.Work in progress!|
Once you get a green background (1) and RGB Light Strip (2) you can relax as all your builds are healthy. The magic happens within the Raspberry Pi (3), delivering a very visual representation (from afar or close-up), aligned with our Team Services dashboard (4).
Cannot wait to walk into the excellence centre at night or early in the morning, when all the lights are switched off. The Ranger corner will be very prominent and colourful
What’s my personal evaluation rating out of five stars?
||Once I can upgrade with a special casing mentioned by Anthony, I will add the other 1/2 star|
For more information see:
- A Raspberry Pi3 VSTS Build Light–Part 1, the hardware
- A Raspberry Pi3 VSTS Build Light-Part 2, installing Windows 10 IoT Core
- A Raspberry Pi3 VSTS Build Light-Part 3, installing the Codify VSTS Build Light software.
- A Raspberry Pi2 VSTS Build Light – Part 1, unwrapping the package
- A Raspberry Pi2 VSTS Build Light – Part 2, assembling and installing the software