Coded UI Tests help automate browser based applications built on Internet Explorer. We are now enabling cross-browser testing of such applications. Users will be able to perform functional testing of web applications across IE/Firefox/Chrome. One can use IE to record tests and validate control properties using Coded UI Test Builder. Users also have an option to hand code cross browser tests. If user needs to playback on IE, she can click on Run All in Test Explorer which plays back the recording using Coded UI inbuilt IE Plugin. On the other hand, if the user needs to playback on non-IE browser, she can set BrowserWindow.CurrentBrowser as “firefox” or “chrome” in the test depending on which browser she wants to test before running from the test explorer. In this case, Coded UI Engine communicates with Selenium Web Driver to execute the playback.
Hope you like this feature. Feel free to drop your feedback here
- Operating System: Windows 8 X86 Client/Windows 8 X64/Win7 X64/Win7 X86/Win2k8 R2 SP1
- IE version – IE9/ classic IE10
- Firefox version – 15+
- Chrome version – 21+
- Visual Studio Ultimate/Premium – VS 2012 RTM + VS 2012 Update 1
- Selenium NET Bindings and the Selenium ChromeDriver made available to you through an installer on Visual Studio Gallery. Refer to the file attachment “CUIT Cross Browser Testing Acquisition” for more details
The following features are available across the various web browsers:
- Recording support for actions and validation on supported IE browsers
- Hand-coding scenarios support for such things as control properties, search, and playback waiters.
- Support for popups and dialog
- Search resilience (via smart match) and performance improvements
- No support for Safari browser
- Browser launch needs to be part of the UITest. In case you have a browser already open and you want to run steps on the opened browser, playback will fail for non-IE browser windows. Hence, it is advisable to have launch too as part of the test case.
- Automating browser based actions such as Maximize/minimize/restore is not supported
Enable HTML Logger – follow http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj159363.aspx
Please fill in the survey to register your feedback on this feature: https://s.zoomerang.com/s/CrossBrowserTesting. Your feedback will help us plan for further enhancement to the cross browser feature.