We are pleased to announce the general availability of Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer. Storage Explorer provides easy management of Azure Storage accounts and contents, including Blobs, Files, Queues, and Table entities. For example, you can easily manage your Azure Virtual Machines disks as Blobs. Azure Cosmos DB and Azure Data Lake are also supported as preview features.
General Availability Highlights
- Improved sign-in experience. Based on your feedback, we’ve updated sign-in once to quickly and reliably connect to your Azure subscriptions from your developer tools on the same device. If you experience any issues, please open an issue on GitHub.
- Open feedback platform on GitHub: Microsoft/AzureStorageExplorer. Instead of filling out a survey to offer a suggestion, you can now open Storage Explorer issues on GitHub. You can search existing issues, add comments to issues you fell are more important, share workarounds with other users, and receive updates when issues are resolved.
- Accessibility support. We believe technology should empower every individual to work with efficiency and high productivity. As part of this release, we are proud to deliver features including better keyboard navigation, such as quickly jumping between panels, improved screen reader support, such as adding aria-live tags to activities, and tons of little fixes to our high contrast themes. We’ll actively look for your feedback on GitHub.
We’re working on a variety of features, including:
- Support for latest Azure Storage features, such as Archive Storage, Azurite cross-platform emulators, and so on
- Performance improvements, such as upload and download speed
- Addressing your top concerns and feedback from GitHub
|Catherine Wang, Program Manager, Azure Developer Experience Team
Catherine is a Program Manager for Azure Developer Experience team in Microsoft. I worked on Azure security tooling, Azure diagnostics, Storage Explorer, Service Fabric and Docker tools. Interested in making development experience simple, smooth and productive.