Starting June 1st, Xamarin University’s team of mobile experts – including special guest and author Charles Petzold – will host five new demo-packed webinars, designed to show you how to use Visual Studio Tools for Xamarin to deliver fully native mobile apps for iOS, Android, Windows, and more.
Join a new topic every Thursday. Topics range from learning how to get the most out of Visual Studio 2017’s latest features to building cloud-connected games to adding intelligence with Azure Machine Learning. You will get the training, samples, and advice you need to ship amazing apps using Visual Studio and C#. Every session is totally free, open to everyone, and Xamarin University experts will be on hand to answer all your questions live.
Sign up for the series now. Register even if you’re unable to attend a session, you’ll receive the recordings following each air date.
- June 1st 9 am PDT: Introduction to Xamarin.Forms for Visual Studio 2017 – Learn how to take your .NET skills mobile with Visual Studio 2017 and Xamarin.Forms. Jesse Dietrichson, a Xamarin University instructor, will show you how to use the latest Visual Studio features to maximize code re-usage and design, develop, and test fully native apps for Android, iOS, and Windows, faster than ever.
- June 8th 9 am PDT: Building games for iOS, macOS, and tvOS with Visual Studio and Azure – Create multiplayer games for the latest Apple devices, from iPhone to tvOS, with René Ruppert, Xamarin University instructor. He’ll teach SpriteKit basics, integration with cloud back-end services, and show you best practices for sharing C# game logic, UI, and infrastructure code cross-platform.
- June 15th 9 am PDT: SkiaSharp Graphics for Xamarin.Forms – Get serious about graphics with special guest and popular author, Charles Petzold. You’ll learn how to use SkiaSharp, powered by Google’s Skia graphics library, to extend your Xamarin.Forms apps with compelling 2D graphics.
- June 22nd 9 am PDT: Customizing Xamarin.Forms UI – Embed native Android and iOS controls into your Xamarin.Forms apps. Join Rob Gibbens, Xamarin University training manager, to see how to integrate native controls and adjust visual properties unique to each platform – while still sharing the majority of your code. You’ll get the step-by-step guidance you need to take full advantage of the latest OS-specific UI patterns and designs.
- June 29th 9 am PDT: Introduction to Azure Machine Learning – Start integrating intelligence and predictive analytics into your apps. Jason DeBoever, Xamarin University instructor, will introduce Machine Learning fundamentals, get you started with Azure Machine Learning Studio, and demo how to easily build your first “smart” mobile app.
Sign up today, bring your questions, and get ready to learn. We’ll see you soon!
|Mark Smith, Principal Program Manager
Mark leads Xamarin University, where he helps developers learn how to utilize their .NET skills to build amazing mobile apps for Android, iOS, Windows and beyond. Prior to his career at Microsoft and Xamarin (acquired by Microsoft), Mark ran a consulting business, specializing in custom development