You may have noticed that The Visual Studio Blog looks a bit different than it did last week. Yesterday, the folks that run http://blogs.msdn.com completed the much-needed blog platform upgrade to Telligent Community 5.5. As with most major upgrades, there were a few hitches and bugs that are still being addressed.
The new URL for the blog will be http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudio (notice the “/b”). The old URL (http://blogs.msdn.com/visualstudio) will redirect to the new URL so all your existing links should still work.
You may be wondering if this is the final design of the new Visual Studio Blog. The answer is, “No.” I created a temporary design last night and will be working over the next few weeks on a new blog design. Since working on the blog isn’t part of anyone’s day job, it might take some time to address all the issues, and we ask that you please be patient while we familiarize ourselves with the new platform.
Feel free to add comments to this post pointing out any error introduced by the migration.
Known issues (updated 5/25/2010):
- Performance is a bit slow. The blog team is working on resolving this issue.
- The formatting of some blog posts is particularly bad after the merge. I’m working with the post authors to reformat their posts with the new CSS.
- Some blog posts have missing images. Please leave a comment if you find some missing images and we’ll try to update those.
- Starred comments are broken
- Links to comments are broken