Last week on the Office Engineering Blog, Microsoft confirmed the release dates for Visio 2010, Office 2010, SharePoint 2010, and Project 2010.
We’re happy to announce that Visio 2010 and the rest of the Office suite will release to manufacturing (RTM) next month.
- For businesses, Visio 2010 and the rest of the Office 2010 products will be available worldwide on May 12th.
- For consumers, Office 2010 and Visio 2010 will be available online and on retail shelves this June. Until then, you can get the Visio 2010 Beta here
Office 2010 Technology Guarantee
Consumers who purchase and activate Office 2007 or Visio 2007 will be able to download corresponding Office 2010 or Visio 2010 products at no additional cost when they become available in June 2010.
All you need to be eligible for this program – Office 2010 Technology Guarantee – is the following:
- Purchase Office 2007 (or Visio 2007), or a new PC with Office 2007, and activate it between March 5, 2010 and September 30, 2010.
- Have, or create a Windows Live ID.
- Redeem your Tech Guarantee before October 31, 2010 by visiting www.office.com/techg .
For more information about the Office 2010 Technology Guarantee, and to sign up for an e-mail reminder when Office 2010 is available, visit www.office.com/techg.
As always, let us know in the comments if you have any questions or topics you’d like to see us discuss here in the future.