Yesterday, we released Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Visio 2007. You can download and install it from:
Among the issues we’ve addressed in SP2 are these:
- A crash caused by early versions of the Broadcom “Send To Bluetooth” add-in occurs every time Visio is shut down. The first crash on exit will still occur, but subsequent crashes will not. The add-in will be disabled until it is updated to a newer version from Broadcom. More information on this and similar add-in issues is available here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937997
- When the Reports feature is used to export a report to Microsoft Office Excel, Excel opens without any user interface except the worksheet window. The ribbon does not appear.
- Script errors occur when Internet Explorer 8 is used to browse Web pages that are saved from Visio.
- When a Visio drawing is inserted as a linked object in PowerPoint, Word, or Excel, and the link is updated, the quality of the image degrades.
- If a Visio file name contains the -r- or -s- characters (for example, “filename -r-”), it triggers a repair of the application when the file is opened in Visio.
- When a shape is dragged between two instances of Visio, the open regions of the shape are opaque, and this makes it difficult to position the shape on the new page.
- Appointments in a Microsoft Office Outlook calendar do not import into Visio when the language version of Visio and the Windows locale setting are different.
- Visio crashes when the 117th layer is added to the page.
- In a UML Model Diagram, changing the Flow Kind of a Message Object does not correctly reset the Operation field in the UML Message Properties dialog box.
In addition, SP2 provides these new capabilities:
- The ability to programmatically export an XML file compliant with the XMI standard from a UML diagram. This functionality was formerly available only as a separate download for Visio 2003.
- The ability to disable access to CAD (*.dwg) files in Visio 2007. More information is available in this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938803/