As announced here, System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 has RTM’d and will be generally available vie volume licensing at the beginning of October.
You can currently download a 180-day evaluation of this new release here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=292de23c-845c-4d08-8d65-b4b8cbc8397b
Key new features include:
- Support for live migration, and queuing of multiple live migrations when necessary.
- The ability to check physical computer compatibility for virtual machine migration (on both Hyper-V and VMware).
- Support for third party clustered file systems (like Melo from Sanbolic)
- Support for Veritas Volume Manager
- Ability to manage Hyper-V 2008 R2 and vSphere 4