Well – Virtual Server 2005 R2 has RTM’d. Some high level details of the changes in Virtual Server 2005 R2 are as follows:
- Virtual Server host clustering. Support for host-to-host connectivity lets you cluster all virtual machines running on a host.
- iSCSI support. iSCSI clustering enables guest-to-guest connectivity across physical machines.
- x64 support. Virtual Server runs natively within a 64-bit Windows host operating system, providing increased performance and memory headroom.
- Enhanced PXE booting. Virtual Server now includes improved hyperthreading, support for F6 Disk (SCSI driver), and virtual disk pre-compactor functionality.
- Performance improvements.
For more details checkout: