[Cross posting from dev.office.com]
In this PnP Web Cast we concentrated on showing in practice how to get started with upcoming SharePoint Framework. We demonstrated the preview tooling (*) for development and how the development cycle will work with SharePoint Framework.
Key objective of the web cast is to show you the high level development cycle and to clarify some of the terms and capabilities what has been shared by the community blog posts after SharePoint Framework announcement on 4th of May 2016.
Presentation covers following topics:
- SharePoint Extensibility Principles
- Open source tooling support
- SharePoint Workbench - What is it?
- Client-side Web Part Build Flow
Demo section concentrates on showing following topics:
- Looking on the client-side web part configuration options and end user experience
- Creating your first Client-side Web Part with preview tooling (*)
- Walkthrough of Client-side Web Part Build Flow with preview tooling (*)
* Notice. It's important to notice that we used preview tooling in this video, which is not yet available for the community to consume, when this video was released. When official tooling will be available, there might be also some changes on the exact commands and we are also looking to have Visual Studio tooling support.
Waldek works in Rencore AB and is one of the external members in the Office 365 Dev PnP Core team.
Presentation used in this web cast is available from http://docs.com/OfficeDevPnP.
Video at Channel 9.
See following resources around the covered topics
- The SharePoint Framework - an open and connected platform
- PnP Web Cast - Getting started on the web stack in SharePoint development
- Multiple MVP blog posts
What is Office 365 Developer Patterns and Practices (PnP) web cast series?
Office 365 Developer Patterns and Practices (PnP) web cast series covers different patterns, practices and topics around development with Office 365 and SharePoint. Majority of the topics are valid for the Office 365 and SharePoint on-premises. Our objective is to release new around 30-45 minute long web cast each Monday with few slides and live demo on the covered topic. All web casts are published at the PnP Channel 9 video blog with additional references on the existing materials.
PnP is community driven open source project where Microsoft and external community members are sharing their learning's around implementation practices for Office 365 and SharePoint on-premises (add-in model). Active development and contributions happen in our GitHub repositories under dev branch and each month there will be a master merge (monthly release) with more comprehensive testing and communications. Latest activities and future plans are covered in our monthly community calls which are open for anyone from the community. Download invite from https://aka.ms/OfficeDevPnPCall.
This is work done by the community for the community without any actual full time people. It’s been great to find both internal and external people who are willing to assist and share their learning's for the benefit of others. This way we can build on the common knowledge of us all. Currently program is facilitated by Microsoft, but already at this point we have multiple community members as part of the Core team and we are looking to extend the Core team with more community members.
If you have any questions, comments or feedback around PnP program or this blog post, please use the PnP Yammer group at https://aka.ms/OfficeDevPnPYammer.
“Sharing is caring”
Vesa Juvonen, Senior Program Manager, SharePoint, Microsoft - 16th of May 2016