[Cross posting from dev.office.com blogs]
We are happy to announce availability of new SharePoint Client Side Object Model (CSOM) version targeted for the Office 365 or more specifically for SharePoint Online. This update contains new Project Online CSOM capabilities and also few updates on the existing SharePoint CSOM assemblies. You can find the latest CSOM package for SharePoint online, including now the Project Online CSOM assembly, from the NuGet gallery with an id of 'Microsoft.SharePointOnline.CSOM'. We are also working on updating the redistributable package in upcoming weeks, but you can already right now start using some of these new capabilities in your solutions.
Version of the released CSOM package is 16.1.4915.1200. Old version of the NuGet has not been removed, so that your existing solutions will continue working without issues and you can decide when the new version is taken into use. Notice that even though the Nuget version is increased to 16.1.4915.1200, actual assembly version of the released assemblies is 18.104.22.168. You can also check the version of the assemblies from the File Version attribute, which alings with the Nuget version.
Notice. If you like to operate with SharePoint Online rather using PowerShell, also the SharePoint Online Management Shell has been updated at Microsoft download site to match the 16.0.4915.1200 version.
Project Online CSOM
We have now included the Project Online CSOM library n this NuGet package. The Project Online CSOM library includes access to all the enhancements we have made towards improving the our API. We will continue to provide newer versions of the library in the this Nuget package going forward. Project Online CSOM library assembly is named as 'Microsoft.ProjectServer.Client.dll and will be installed on your Visual Studio projects as part the SharePoint Online CSOM package.
We will release more details on the project Online CSOM package during upcoming weeks.
New properties and methods cross assemblies
Here's a raw list of all the new properties and methods in the assemblies. Notice that some of these properties and methods are meant to be used only internally, even though they are exposed in the CSOM API. This means that their usage models might not be completely straight forward and results could be unexpected. Below list contains main changes in the particular assemblies. We have filtered out those elements which are not relevant or change is minimal. MSDN library for the CSOM assemblies will be updated to match the latest version at some point. We've included some level of description for some of the mentioned properties where needed.
Following are the different new elements in the Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.dll which have been introduced compared to previous Nuget version
- public class Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.CustomActionElement
- public class Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.CustomActionElementCollection
- public property Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.DlpPolicyTip.TwoLetterISOLanguageName
- public property Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.InformationRightsManagementFileSettings.IrmEnabled
- public property Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.List.CustomActionElements
- public method Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.ListItem.AddHashTag
- public method Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.RecycleBinItemCollection.DeleteAllSecondStageItems
- public property Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.UserCustomAction.DescriptionResource
- public property Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.UserCustomAction.TitleResource
- public method Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.Web.GetFileByGuestUrlEnsureAccess
- public method Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.Web.GetSharingLinkKind
- public property Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.View.VisualizationInfo
- public class Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.Visualization
- public class Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.VisualizationField
- public class Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.VisualizationStyleSet
Following are the different new elements in the Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.dll which have been introduced compared to previous Nuget version.
- public property Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.Publishing.VideoChannel.DownloadUrlVisibleMinPermission
- public method Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.Publishing.VideoItem.GetPlaybackMetadata
- public property Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.Publishing.VideoItem.ThumbnailSelection
- public property Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.Publishing.VideoItem.VideoDownloadUrl
- public class Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.Publishing.VideoPlaybackMetadata
- public enum Microsoft.SharePoint.Client.Publishing.VideoPlaybackOrigin
“Sharing is caring”
Vesa Juvonen, Senior Program Manager, Office 365, Microsoft