A beta version of a major MFC/TR1 feature pack is now available for download. Please note that this feature pack is only supported on systems which have the English language (ENU) version of Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite or Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition installed.
These components allow developers to create applications with the “look and feel” of the most popular Microsoft products – including Office, Internet Explorer, and Visual Studio. With this update, you’ll be able to build applications that utilize:
· Office Ribbon style interface
· Office 2007, Office 2003 and Office XP look and feel
· Modern Visual Studio-style docking toolbars and panes
· Fully customizable toolbars and menus
· A rich set of advanced GUI controls
· Advanced MDI tabs and groups
· And much more!
In addition, this release includes an implementation of TR1. Portions of TR1 are scheduled for adoption in the upcoming C++0x standard as the first major addition to the ISO 2003 standard C++ library. Our implementation includes a number of important features such as:
· Smart pointers
· Regular expression parsing
· New containers (tuple, array, unordered set, etc)
· Sophisticated random number generators
· Polymorphic function wrappers
· Type traits
· And more!
Please note that the beta installation may require Visual Studio 2008 media be available during setup. This will be resolved in the final release.
The Visual C++ Development Team