Here are download links for the “VB Universal Windows App” series:
- Part 1: Setting up the universal app in the Dev Centers, and in VS Solution Explorer
- Part 2: Sharing XAML, Assets and Code
- Part 3: Local and Roaming settings, and In-App purchases
- Part 4: Sound effects with SharpDX
- Part 5: How to call platform-specific APIs from common code
- > Download full source code
This is the minimal VB universal app that we’ll build in this blog series.
- Download full source code “VBApp1″
- (Due to a bug in NuGet, you’ll have to build once to restore projects, then unload+reload the project, then build again)
This is a complete game, based upon all the principles that were covered in the blog series.
- Download the game for $0.99 from Windows Store or Windows Phone Store. Or…
- Download full source code “BreakoutUniversalVB”, build it yourself, and save money!
- License: I the author of this source code hereby place it into the Public Domain. You can do whatever you like with it, including using it in your own apps.
- (Once again, due to the bug in NuGet, you’ll have to build then unload+reload then build again)
How Do I video series
- How Do I video: register a universal app in Windows and Windows Phone dev centers [2mins]
- How Do I video: create a blank universal project that uses PCLs for code-sharing [2mins]
- How Do I video: re-use a XAML page between Windows and Windows Phone [4mins]
- How Do I video: re-use App.vb between Windows and Windows Phone [2mins]
- How Do I video: roam settings between devices [2mins]
- How Do I video: code an in-app purchase [2mins]
- How Do I video: get crash reports when in-app purchasing failed [2mins]
- How Do I video: add audio through SharpDX [3mins]
- How Do I video: call platform-specific APIs from common code [3mins]