If you didn’t get a change to make it to TechEd this year, fret not, we got it all on video for your viewing pleasure.
Join Principal Program Managers Dustin Campbell and Mads Torgersen as they give you the inside scoop on the future of VB and C#.
You’ll learn about:
- What “Roslyn” is about, why we’re building it, and how it impacts you
- Cool tools built with Roslyn (and how to build your own)
- Visual Basic and C# becoming open source languages
- New IDE features we’re building
- New language features we’re considering for the next version of VB and C#
- How you can get involved and interact with the VB and C# language designers and “Roslyn” architects
And better than just showing off all of these cool features you can get your hands on many of them today with today with the “Roslyn” End-User Preview. This preview includes the new code editing experience we’re building for VB and C# as well as a smattering of new language features and a preview of the “Roslyn” APIs.
If you haven’t had a chance to hear about the great things our team is working on for the future (or if you’re so excited you just want to hear about them again) watch the video. And if you haven’t already install the preview. Then ask us questions, here on the blog or on CodePlex and tell us what you like, what you love, what you hate, and what we’re missing.
Also, over the next weeks we’ll be diving into the features and the APIs shown in the video (and more) and how to use them. So keep checking back here for new content so you stay up-to-date with all the latest news about your favorite programming languages from your favorite team (and get the word out!).
P.S. If you haven’t already please take a moment to fill out the Edit & Continue survey and tell us where we can be more awesome.