· How long have you been using VB?
· What industry do you work in?
· How big is your development team?
· What kind of apps do you most commonly build?
· What’s the most interesting app you’ve ever built?
Linq to Entity debug visualizer, 100% data source independent SQL query tool, 100% stand alone UI for AS400(Pure TCPIP), PLC / SCADA / Zebra printer / Bar code scanner etc programming, Automated EDI application with Maersk sealand from Dubal, Many applications with VB and AS400, Paper reader (scanner) to read user marked answers.
· Please tell us about an app that you’re working on at the moment.
Architect – Payment system for one of the top 10 banks in the world.
· What other technologies do you most commonly use?
VB. Another one is VB. Very rarely C#.
· What are some of your favorite VB features?
INTERPRETER !!! During debug i have liberty to move execution line to any which is now new feature for other languages. Sorry to say still i feel VB.NET is not still as friendly as VB6. Still have to live with INTEROP. Debug time code change is limited unlike VB6. There are umpteen features i like in VB than any other language.
· What do you like most about VB as a programming language?
Takes shortest time to get me to the working condition from scratch compared to most experienced programmers of any other language.
For other interviews in this series, please visit http://imavb.net.