· How long have you been using VB?
9 years, hah saying it makes it look like it was yesterday. started with Basic on my father’s massive … well you cant really call something that big a ‘PC’. was introduced to Visual basic 6 by a friend and was addicted to it. Just as a modern console or an addictive FPS i was cought by VB6 Then when starting Uni .net came out. Coding was now becoming easier and more powerfull than ever.
· What industry do you work in?
System development and Database Administration for the local leading water supply company
· How big is your development team?
our team is currently a 3 man team. yeah this only means more and more work on all of us each day
· What kind of apps do you most commonly build?
internal corporate applications such as customer care, inventory and helpdesk
· What’s the most interesting app you’ve ever built?
hah this is good one, well the most app that was ‘fun’ to make(hehe) was an alarm system for a series of equipment. such as if any equipment would develop a fault or raise an alarm the engineer on shift was sent an sms on his mobile telling him/her what happened and where. was fun to work with a modem and sending sms ‘to test the system’ hehe. it was quite an easy project although it had to be done in less than 2 weeks. literally coding with wings!
· Please tell us about an app that you’re working on at the moment.
working on an inventory system with some additional maintenance forms.
· What other technologies do you most commonly use?
sql and java sdk
· What are some of your favorite VB features?
XML IS OUT OF THIS WORLD
· What do you like most about VB as a programming language?
apart from the fact thats its so easy to use, its massivly powerfull and user friendly !!
For other interviews in this series, please visit http://imavb.net.