· How long have you been using VB?
· What industry do you work in?
· How big is your development team?
· What kind of apps do you most commonly build?
Web Portals, B2B Apps As a consultant, I get called upon to build a pretty broad variety of things.
· What’s the most interesting app you’ve ever built?
I’m not one to pick favorites, since each has had its own set of challenges, but the VB/XNA stuff I’ve been doing has been a lot of fun. If I had to pick one, it would be my pet RPG project: Heroic Adventure! that I’ve been working on for a few years now. I started it in VB.NET 2003 and it’s still going strong.
· Please tell us about an app that you’re working on at the moment.
I’m building a MVC application that does reporting with some 3rd party components and we’re also using quite a bit of JQuery. It’s proven to be an interesting challenge getting all the pieces working together properly.
· What other technologies do you most commonly use?
SQL Server, Oracle and CMS
· What are some of your favorite VB features?
Fast, easy to write and read.
· What do you like most about VB as a programming language?
simple, easy to understand and write too. english is the only requirement 🙂
For other interviews in this series, please visit http://imavb.net.
Are you a VB, too? Submit your story here!