· How long have you been using VB?
2002 – VB 6.0. 2004 – VB.NET
· What industry do you work in?
Environmental Services – MIS Department
· How big is your development team?
· What kind of apps do you most commonly build?
Web Apps, Web Services, Window Services
· What’s the most interesting app you’ve ever built?
1. Re-finance Auto Loans Web Application with old days AJAX
2. Investigated/resolved Multi Threading issue with Auto Finance application which involved a Legacy system, .NET, Java platform and an IBM AS/400 system
· Please tell us about an app that you’re working on at the moment.
A Document Management system which takes care of scanning (through Canon scanner) documents, uploads those on file system/DB (in case file system is down) and retrieves back those documents
· What other technologies do you most commonly use?
· What are some of your favorite VB features?
Many features e.g. IntelliSense, Rename, MaintainScrollPosition to name a few
· What do you like most about VB as a programming language?
Case insensitive, fully OOP
For other interviews in this series, please visit http://imavb.net.
Are you a VB, too? Submit your story here!