· How long have you been using VB?
I’ve used VB since VB4, and I’ve used VB.NET since the Beta version of 2002/2003.
· What industry do you work in?
· How big is your development team?
I’m a contractor that works on big and small teams.
· What kind of apps do you most commonly build?
I build mainly desktop Windows apps with dips into control and automation.
· What’s the most interesting app you’ve ever built?
A motor selection program to allow the user to choose an electric 1ph/3ph from the required torque characteristics. I have a proven record of success for choosing not only the correct motor, but creating substantial savings for my clients by not over specifying the motor. Other interesting apps I built were for Government and Defense.
· Please tell us about an app that you’re working on at the moment.
It’s a music education program for the web using Silverlight and ASP.NET.
· What other technologies do you most commonly use?
SQL Server, ADO.NET, XML and XAML.
· What are some of your favorite VB features?
The Using statement, XML and ADO classes and code snippets – off the top of my head…
· What do you like most about VB as a programming language?
It is easier to read than most other languages I have experience with and it is a fully OO language.
For other interviews in this series, please visit http://imavb.net.
Are you a VB, too? Submit your story here!