· How long have you been using VB?
12 years, since VB 4.0
· What industry do you work in?
Insurance, IT, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical, Oil & Gas
· How big is your development team?
· What kind of apps do you most commonly build?
I recently involved in developing Rate Quote Issue-RQI, BPM solutions and some other web application for Insurance companies.
· What’s the most interesting app you’ve ever built?
I always develop something interesting and technologically challenging.
· Please tell us about an app that you’re working on at the moment.
I’m currently working on Go Green (Paperless) BPM solution for one of the leading Insurance companies in the US to enable them to get some of their core underwriting and policy administration work done from any number of geographically locations (offshoring).
· What other technologies do you most commonly use?
SQL Server, ASP.NET, SSRS, XML, ADO.NET, C#, VBA
· What are some of your favorite VB features?
Powerful debugging. You can Stop, Modify code and resume with modified code with recompiling.
· What do you like most about VB as a programming language?
It’s simple, powerful, has full Intellisense Support, and is forgiving if you make mistakes. I also like the native scripting support using VB for customization in all Microsoft Products. New features are always introduced in VB ahead of the other languages.
For other interviews in this series, please visit http://imavb.net.
Are you a VB, too? Submit your story here!