· How long have you been using VB?
10+ years, starting with VB 3.
· What industry do you work in?
Software, Financial, Energy over the last 10+ years.
· How big is your development team?
· What kind of apps do you most commonly build?
Back end processes without GUIs for processing database data coming from end user web applications, OCR’d documents, and legacy data.
· What’s the most interesting app you’ve ever built?
A report scheduling application with multiple queues, sceduled start times, and load balancing amongst multiple database servers.
· Please tell us about an app that you’re working on at the moment.
Oracle time entry reporting system.
· What other technologies do you most commonly use?
Oracle, C#, Win32, UNIX command line tools, batch scripting (DOS, UNIX).
· What are some of your favorite VB features?
.NET Framework and ease of moving from VB to C# and C# to VB.
· What do you like most about VB as a programming language?
For other interviews in this series, please visit http://imavb.net.
Are you a VB, too? Submit your story here!