· How long have you been using VB?
· What industry do you work in?
Insurance, Education, and many others.
· How big is your development team?
· What kind of apps do you most commonly build?
ASP.Net, Sharepoint, Webparts, AJAX, Silverlight.
· What’s the most interesting app you’ve ever built?
I built a .Net webservice, and .Net server executable that pulled data from a Java based webservice that synchronized multiple websites including Microsoft CRM and Sharepoint site.
· Please tell us about an app that you’re working on at the moment.
Sharepoint custom webparts.
· What other technologies do you most commonly use?
ASP.Net, AJAX, DOTNETNUKE, Sharepoint, Silverlight.
· What are some of your favorite VB features?
“Me”. It helps me every time with pages with a lot of controls.
· What do you like most about VB as a programming language?
It fixes the case for you. I’ve developed many jobs in other languages and it takes more time because you are constantly having to deal with case issues and much more keyboard activity.
For other interviews in this series, please visit http://imavb.net.
Are you a VB, too? Submit your story here!