· How long have you been using VB?
I have been using VB.Net for approximately 3 years, Before that I was using Borland Delphi.
· What industry do you work in?
I work in the IT industry. Primarily with small – medium businesses.
· How big is your development team?
Less than 5 people.
· What kind of apps do you most commonly build?
I build distributed data access, control and reporting applications and web applications for small to medium companies.
· What’s the most interesting app you’ve ever built?
A distributed managment system that acts like a CRM as well as managing calls made to clients.
· Please tell us about an app that you’re working on at the moment.
A CRM for a Medium sized company, using the enterprise library and WPF.
· What other technologies do you most commonly use?
The .NET technologies I commonly use are as follows: WPF, WCF, WWF.
· What are some of your favorite VB features?
Ease of reading for new developers on the team.
· What do you like most about VB as a programming language?
Implementation of Generics and the VB Powerpacks.
For other interviews in this series, please visit http://imavb.net.
Are you a VB, too? Submit your story here!