· How long have you been using VB?
After QBasic, I used VB4 for a short time. Altogether, I’ve been using some version of Basic for about 10 years.
· What industry do you work in?
· How big is your development team?
· What kind of apps do you most commonly build?
Mostly Web Applications. Sometimes I build Windows Applications too, but this is not the kind of application I tend to use because I don’t have a development team.
· What’s the most interesting app you’ve ever built?
Although I’ve built a lot of applications, there isn’t one particular application that I can describe as most interesting.
· Please tell us about an app you’re working on at the moment.
A lot of ASP.NET projects.
· What other technologies do you most commonly use?
I use MySQL in database applications. I am also trying Silverlight in my web applications.
· What are some of your favorite VB features?
XML Literals, LINQ, With statements, Auto completion… Everything.
· What do you like most about VB as a programming language?
Beyond all its technological features, it is simple and fast to type and spell. It also has good readability.
For other interviews in this series, please visit http://imavb.net.
Are you a VB, too? Submit your story here!