· How long have you been using VB?
Since 1998, VB 5.0.
· What industry do you work in?
IT – Software Development, Consultancy, Field Force Automation.
· How big is your development team?
· What kind of apps do you most commonly build?
Field Force Solutions, Windows Mobile Applications, Document Management System.
· What’s the most interesting app you’ve ever built?
It was an application I coded using VB 6 and AutoCAD COM support. I converted readings taken on ground by surveyors to generate CAD drawings like L-Sections, Cross Sections which are then used in estimation for the proposed Road Construction.
· Please tell us about an app that you’re working on at the moment.
Right now our team is working on a complete ERP tailored for Amusement Companies which sell, operate coin-operated machines, video games, vending machines etc.
· What other technologies do you most commonly use?
Sybase Mobilink synchronization, Flash UI integration with Desktop application, ClickOnce.
· What are some of your favorite VB features?
Intellisense, Edit-and-continue, Auto-completion, Auto-formatting.
· What do you like most about VB as a programming language?
Easy to use, high productivity.
For other interviews in this series, please visit http://imavb.net.
Are you a VB, too? Submit your story here!