· How long have you been using VB?
Since it was published; I think it was in 1978.
· What industry do you work in?
Manufacturing of industrial machinery and equipment.
· How big is your development team?
Myself + .Net.
· What kind of apps do you most commonly build?
Quotation and configuration sales tools, including CRM and data mining.
· What’s the most interesting app you’ve ever built?
A VB.Net windows form configuration tool for a global manufacturer of homogenizers. Users are positioned all over world, and the back-end database is in Access using internet replication to consolidate data.
· Please tell us about an app that you’re working on at the moment.
A manufacturer of huge power plants, who needs to get the quotation text base organized, like a configuration.
· What other technologies do you most commonly use?
Automation of Word and Excel and Access, SQL server, and IIS 7.0.
· What are some of your favorite VB features?
ClickOnce distribution, intelliSense, code snippets.
· What do you like most about VB as a programming language?
It is self explanatory.
For other interviews in this series, please visit http://imavb.net.
Are you a VB, too? Submit your story here!