You are invited to attend a two-day workshop for developers, database administrators, and technical decision makers on SQL Server 2012. The training will help you understand how to build enterprise grade solutions which exploit key improvements in SQL Server 2012.
Participation in this training course offers the following benefits:
- Learn all the essential elements of SQL Server 2012 development
- Learn how to exploit the unique features of SQL Server 2012 in your solutions
- Get hands-on experience with SQL Server 2012 improvements
Cost is $198.
Experience with the SQL Server platform is a pre-requisite.
Dallas, TX April 2 – 3, 2012
Chicago, IL April 5 – 6, 2102
Bellevue, WA April 16 – 17, 2012
San Francisco, CA April 19 – 20, 2102
Register for the SQL Server 2012 Update for Developers – 2 Day Technical Workshop.
Key Features for ISVs, Developers
SQL Server 2012 delivers a powerful new set of capabilities for mission-critical workloads, business intelligence and hybrid IT across traditional datacenters and private and public clouds.
Highlighted new features include:
- Power View (formerly Project “Crescent,”)
- SQL Server Data Tools (formerly “Juneau”) expand the self-service BI capabilities delivered with PowerPivot.
- An integrated development environment for SQL Server developers.
- The new ColumnStore Index delivers over 10x data warehouse performance gains.
For information about the different editions of Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012, see the see the Editions page.
Getting Started with SQL Server 2012
Get SQL Server 2012. The RC0 is available no. RTM version available through the regular channels on April 1.
If you application works under SQL Server 2008 R2, it will probably work well under SQL Server 2012. But there have been a few breaking changes. Learn more at Guide for How to Test Your Application for Compatibility with SQL Server 2012.
The SQL Server 2012 Developer Training Kit includes technical content designed to help you learn how to develop SQL Server 2012 database and BI solutions.
SQL Server 2012 Virtual Labs enable you to quickly evaluate and test Microsoft’s newest products and technologies through a series of guided, hands-on labs that you can complete in 90 minutes or less. There is no complex setup or installation required, and you can use Virtual Labs online immediately, free.
Bruce D. Kyle
ISV Architect Evangelist | Microsoft Corporation