All the features of in the new version of PhoneGap version 1.3 are supported on Windows Phone 7.5.
This release extends the cross-platform capabilities of PhoneGap, giving more choices to developers in need of a programming environment allowing them to easily deliver the same mobile experience to their users across the various existing and prominent mobile operating systems.
Plug Ins for PhoneGap
The plugins are:
- Facebook JS SDK
- Twitter/LinkedIn/WindowsLive status retriever
- Bing Maps Launcher
- LiveTile Update
Get the PhoneGap Framework and Plugins from GitHub
- The popular PhoneGap open source mobile framework support for Windows Phone 7.5 is complete and available for download on GitHub from PhoneGap.
- Additional PhoneGap plugins that support social networks – Facebook, LinkedIn, Windows Live, Twitter and mapping (Bing Map launcher) – are now available for download here.
For More Information
Microsoft wants developers to have choices to target its platforms.
- The PhoneGap 1.3 announcement.
- Microsoft and PhoneGap announced the features at Full Support for PhoneGap on Windows Phone is Now Complete.
- Video published on Channel 9 https://channel9.msdn.com/Blogs/Interoperability
- Series of tips posts on Glen Gordon’s blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/glengordon/
- Jesse MacFayden’s blog (PhoneGap’s dev lead): http://risingj.com/
Bruce D. Kyle
ISV Architect Evangelist | Microsoft Corporation