The new Windows Azure tools and training kit includes a comprehensive set of technical content to help you learn how to use Windows Azure. The kits support multiple languages and environments such as .Net, Node.js, Java, PHP, and others.
The new Azure site that launched this week includes the Visual Studio tools, client libraries for .NET, PowerShell tools for Node.js, Eclipse tools, client libraries for Java, PHP command line tools, and client libraries for PHP.
Azure Developer Training Kit
The Windows Azure Training Kit includes hands-on labs, presentations, and samples to help you understand how to build applications that utilize Windows Azure services and SQL Azure. Get the kit from Windows Azure Developer December Toolkit.
Please note: The hands-on labs and demos in this kit requires you to have developer accounts for the Windows Azure services and SQL Azure. To register for an account, please visit the Windows Azure site.
The developer training labs include:
- Introduction to Windows Azure
- Building ASP.NET Applications with Windows Azure
- Exploring Windows Azure Storage
- Deploying Applications in Windows Azure
- Windows Azure CDN
- Worker Role Communication
- Debugging Applications in Windows Azure
- Federated Authentication in a Windows Azure Web Role Application
- Web Services and Identity in Windows Azure
- Windows Azure Native Code
- Advanced Web and Worker Roles
- Connecting Apps with Windows Azure Connect
- Virtual Machine Role
- Windows Phone 7 And The Cloud
- Windows Azure Traffic Manager
Also included are demos and presentations.
The December 2011 update of the training kit includes the following updates:
- [New Presentations] 33 updated/new PowerPoint presentations
- [New Hands-On lab] Running a parametric sweep application with the Windows Azure HPC Scheduler
- [New Hands-On lab] Running SOA Services with the Windows Azure HPC Scheduler
- [New Hands-On lab] Running MPI Applications with the Windows Azure HPC Scheduler
- [New Demo] Node.js On Windows Azure
- [New Demo] Image Rendering Parametric Sweep Application with the Windows Azure HPC Scheduler
- [New Demo] BLAST Parametric Sweep Application with the Windows Azure HPC Scheduler
- [Renamed Lab] Connecting Applications through Windows Azure Service Bus (formerly Introduction to Service Bus Part 1)
- [Renamed Lab] Windows Azure Service Bus Advanced Configurations (formerly Introduction to Service Bus Part 2
About Windows Azure
The Windows Azure is an internet-scale cloud services platform hosted in Microsoft data centers, which provides an operating system and a set of developer services that can be used individually or together. Windows Azure’s flexible and interoperable platform can be used to build new applications to run from the cloud or enhance existing applications with cloud-based capabilities. Learn more…
Bruce D. Kyle
ISV Architect Evangelist | Microsoft Corporation