The Virtual Machine Manager team has released the release candidate for System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 (VMM).
VMM helps enable centralized management of physical and virtual IT infrastructure, increased server utilization, and dynamic resource optimization across multiple virtualization platforms. It includes end-to-end capabilities such as planning, deploying, managing, and optimizing the virtual infrastructure.
ISVs use VMM to spin up test environments, run tests against various configurations. And when it comes time to deploy VMM integrates deeply with other System Center technologies to offer you with the process automation and control to ensure your datacenter virtualization projects provide the return on investment that you desire.
About VMM 2012
System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) 2012 delivers industry leading fabric management, virtual machine management and services deployment in private cloud environments. VMM offers key new features that include hypervisor creation and management, network management, storage management, private cloud creation, self-service usage and service creation. It features deep investments in server application virtualization, service design and service modeling all of which can be used to efficiently offer an on-premises private cloud.
VMM 2012 RC is available for evaluation either in a virtualized environment or a download; links for both are available on on the SCVMM blog.
Virtual Machine Manager 2012 Release Candidate is a core component of the System Center 2012 release wave and offers you the following benefits:
- Build your Private Cloud today; provision flexible, agile and cost effective IaaS while maintaining your quality of service (QoS) commitments to the business.
- Manage heterogeneous virtual environments using a single tool, thus optimizing your existing datacenter investments.
- Optimize your existing applications for private cloud deployment without requiring you to rewrite them from scratch.
- Dramatically simplify application provisioning and servicing thus saving operational effort and expense.
- Unlock application mobility between your cloud environments as appropriate to your business needs.
Bruce D. Kyle
ISV Architect Evangelist | Microsoft Corporation